SHARE TO SAVE TUMBLR!
- Let’s try and get 100k notes
A review by one of the folks sums it up perfectly:
“What worries me about Yahoo! buying Tumblr is how it would choose to incorporate the website into its email and homepage features. One of the reasons why Tumblr is so unique is because it’s a niche market. By adding more users who don’t fit into this niche, it would make it more difficult for communities to develop within Tumblr, and Tumblr would have to change to accommodate these new users. Tumblr as a website is not the kind that you can sign up for in a day and be on your way. It is a website crafted so that you can immediately post but must spend several weeks, sometimes even months, to build a community. With new users who would not be willing to spend time growing a community, Tumblr would have to be changed, which would alienate its current users. Those users have spent time and effort to make Tumblr what it is today, and they are the ones who spend time on the website daily. A user who is checking onto Tumblr because it’s attached to their homepage is not going to be as strong of a user nor as dedicated. By changing the website to suit this new user, you would lose the strong users while building an undedicated usership.
To any website that would think of buying Tumblr, they must understand that it is a website that cannot be changed to make it more user friendly to a casual blogger. I think that many Tumblr users would be less worried about a buy-out if they were promised that their communities and ways of using Tumblr would not be changed. No one is going to mind Yahoo! buying the website and gaining a few extra million dollars per year from the minimal advertising; what we will be upset with is if a company like Yahoo! then changes the website to increase casual users and decrease dedicated users. Yahoo! would gain nothing by losing this “cool” group of bloggers in an age group they so desperately want to reach, so they must cater to these individuals by leaving the website exactly as is.” - houseoftombombadilAs much as is does sound like a load of bullshit for someone to buy Tumblr, it’s a possibility. I Personally think it should stay independent and I hope David Karp keeps a hold of it like his own child. Or we make enough noise to where such major changes (if bought) will not happen. I would hate to see Tumblr turned into an advertising dump.We’re not a ‘hip fad group’ to be marketed to. I hate the fact that’s all we look like to businesses in the end.
reblogging again for this ^
THIS IS BANNED FROM HAPPENING HOLY SHIT
Buonanotte a chi ha l’altra metà del cuore a chilometri di distanza. E complimenti, complimenti davvero perché ci vuole un gran bel coraggio ad abbracciarsi da soli la notte.
Buonanotte, perché è una faccenda da duri amare chi c’è ma non c’è.
- Siham Jadir. (via aheartbrandedfromdistance)
Who’s ready for dessert?
With thanks to frictionandfluff for her encouragement and assistance.
♡[๏ᴥ๏]♡ MASSIVE NATURAL AND CRUELTY-FREE BEAUTY PRODUCT GIVEAWAY ♡[๏ᴥ๏]♡
So i promised another huge giveaway for all my lovely followers in order to give them the opportunity to experience some of my favorite beauty products - and here it is! They’ll help keep all external parts of your glowing with radiance - and smelling great too :) These fifteen amazing, high-quality products together are valued at around $170 - so it’s an absolutely awesome prize to receive!
- formula 10.0.6 passionfruit and green tea daily foaming cleanser
- formula 10.0.6 peppermint and coconut calming breakout mask
- formula 10.0.6 sea kelp and calendula oil-absorbing mud mask
- bellaboo facial exfoliator with organic sea buckthorn berry and rice bran powder
- bellaboo moisturizer with organic sea buckthorn berry and ylang flower
- beauty essentials pure rosehip oil
- lucas’ papaw ointment
- lush “vanillary” perfume stick
- lush “sweet lips” vanilla and chocolate sugar lip scrub
- witch hazel blemish stick
- organix smoothing shea butter conditioner
- palmers’ cocoa butter formula with vitamin E shampoo
- palmers’ cocoa butter formula with vitamin E conditioner
- st. ives exfoliating apricot scrub
- moroccan oil hair treatment
TOTAL APPROXIMATE GIVEAWAY VALUE: OVER $170
1. You must be following me, favorite-recipes, as i’ll be checking every reblog & I’mextremely thorough
2. Reblogs only, likes will not count
3. The more you reblog this post, the higher your chances are of winning!
4. Must reach a minimum of 500 notes
5. The winner will be picked through a random number generator
I am willing to ship anywhere worldwide, and you must be willing to give me your address if you are chosen as the winner - or the prize will be given to another entrant.
THE WINNER WILL BE DRAWN ON JUNE 5TH, 2013
I wish you all the best of luck! ⫕｡◕‿‿◕｡⫖